Join with VUMC to:
- Know the facts!
- Celebrate survivorship, and honor and remember loved ones!
- Raise awareness about steps to reduce the risk of getting breast cancer – including having an early detection plan!
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. Breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in American women. Regular breast check-ups are the best ways to detect breast cancer early. Early detection provides you with an increased chance of recovery and a wider range of treatment options.
Think Pink! Health Fair for Breast Cancer Awareness: October 4, 11am-1pm, Light Hall, North Lobby
Join Health Plus for this free employee event. Speak with various vendors to learn about prevention, screening, and more. Participate in Nutrition Corner, Know Your Numbers, and a Prediabetes Risk Survey (all three count towards Go for the Gold)! VUMC employees in attendance will receive a Pink Fitness Towel (while supplies last)!
Think Pink! Webinar: October 4, Noon
Register now! Join Health Plus and Dr. Odette Solis to learn the latest in breast cancer facts, risk reduction, and screening guidelines, and enjoy creating awareness with Vanderbilt's Think Pink community!
Think Pink! Mini-Health Fairs in October:
- Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital: October 3, 11am-1pm, Cafeteria
- Vanderbilt Tullahoma Harton Hospital: October 17, 10am-12pm, Private Dining Room
- Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital: October 17, 1:30-3pm, Classroom 1101
- One Hundred Oaks: October 24, 10am-2pm, 1st Floor Conference Room
Breast Cancer (National Cancer Institute)