One area of focus for our healthcare disparities research is studying the impact of health literacy on surgical outcomes.
Investigator Kelvin Moses, MD, PhD, collaborates with Kamran Idrees and Sunil Kripalani and the Center for Effective Health Communication.
Selected Health Literacy Publications
Learn more about our health literacy studies and research:
- Association of Health Literacy With Postoperative Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Major Abdominal Surgery
- The Impact of Health Literacy and Clinicodemographic Factors on Use of Discharge Services after Radical Cystectomy
- The Impact of Health Literacy on Surgical Outcomes Following Radical Cystectomy
Selected Health Disparities Publications
Learn more about our healthcare disparities studies and research:
- Racial variation in receipt of quality radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- Variation in the Diagnostic Evaluation among Persons with Hematuria: Influence of Gender, Race and Risk Factors for Bladder Cancer
- Gender, race, and variation in the evaluation of microscopic hematuria among Medicare beneficiaries
- Racial Variation in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment for Localized Prostate Cancer: Results from the CEASAR Study