Dr. Kelley joins our surgical faculty after serving as the Medical Director of Oncology at CHI Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga, TN. He previously served VUMC for several years as Associate Professor and Division Chief of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery.
- Surgical Treatment of Melanoma
- Breast Cancer,
- Cutaneous Malignancies,
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- General Surgery.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Association for Cancer Research
- American College of Surgeons
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- H. William Scott, Jr. Society
- Nashville Surgical Society
- Southern Surgical Association
Dr. Kelley’s research interests include quality improvement and clinical outcomes research in melanoma and breast cancer, clinical trials of lymph node management in melanoma and breast cancer, and tissue acquisition and analysis for personalized cancer therapy . His recently published articles include Immune responses to BRAF targeted therapy in melanoma: Is targeted therapy immunotherapy? Critical Reviews in Oncogenesis; Melanoma-Specific MHC-II Expression Represents a Tumor-Autonomous Phenotype and Predicts Response to Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 Therapy. Nature Communications; and Genomic and Transcriptomic Features of Response to Anti-PD-1 Therapy in Metastatic Melanoma. Cell.
- M.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Masters of Management in Health Care, Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management
- Residency, University of Florida Affiliated Hospitals, Gainesville, FL
- Fellowship, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery, Certified
Vanderbilt Medical Group General Surgery
2105 Edward Curd Lane
Franklin, TN 37067