Dr. Bailey joins our surgical faculty in the Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery after serving as a Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellow, in the Department of Surgery at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
Her primary clinical interests are in GI malignancies including gastric cancer, small bowel cancer, colorectal cancer, gastro-intestinal stromal tumors (GIST), retroperitoneal sarcomas, and neuroendocrine tumors. Dr. Bailey received the Lotzova Research Award and MD Anderson Trainee Excellence Award during her fellowship.
Dr. Baileys research focuses on disparities in cancer diagnosis, treatment and outcomes in regards to age, socioeconomic status, and race as well as quality of life after cancer treatment. Her research articles have recently been accepted and published in JAMA Surgery, Journal of Oncology Practice, and Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery.
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Biology, summa cum laude, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, 2001
- M.D., Louisiana State University Health Science Center-Shreveport, Shreveport, LA. , 2005
- MSCI - Master of Science in Clinical Investigation, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2010
- Surgery - American Board of Surgery, Certified 2013
- Complex General Surgical Oncology - American Board of Surgery, Certified 2016
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Surgical Outcomes Club
- National Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
Review some of Dr. Bailey's abstracts on PubMed
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery
597 Preston Research Building
2220 Pierce Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232
Phone (615) 322-2391
Fax (615) 936-6535
Appointments (615) 936-8422