OSP's policy utilizes the NIH definition of foreign travel: according to NIH, foreign travel is the performance of any significant scientific element or segment of a project outside of the United States, either by the recipient or by a researcher employed by a foreign organization, whether or not grant funds are expended. OSP requires a foreign travel request for review if upcoming foreign travel was not reflected in the grant application.
Foreign travel requests should be submitted in PEER:
- Click on "Grants"→"Foreign Travel"
- Complete the form as follows:
- Check sponsor guidelines regarding foreign travel
- Verify center number(s) listed
- Verify dates of travel are within the start/end dates of award
- Check that name(s) of each is listed
**If the PI is not among those traveling or the foreign travel request is submitted after the travel has already taken place, the request must include a letter of explanation from the PI and to Clint Brown for approval and signature