If your research or work activities include working with research animals and the Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) or Student Health Services has determined that you should wear a particulate respirator for these activities and you have chosen NOT to decline respirator use, then you will take the following actions:
- Send an email to email@example.com to start the training and fit-testing process.
- Use “Particulate Respirator Training Request” in the subject line.
- In the email, provide your name, job title, supervisor’s name, animal protocol number that you are approved to work on, and tell us whether you are a University or Medical Center person.
- You will receive a notification from the Learning Exchange (or Oracle if you are University employee or student) that you have been enrolled in Respiratory Protection for Biological and Animal Research Staff.
- Complete the course and send a copy of your certificate of completion (or screen shot of transcript if completed in Oracle) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Particulate Respirator Fit-Test Request” in the subject line.
- An OCRS Biosafety Team member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- PLEASE DO NOT report to an open fit testing session/event. These sessions are for clinical personnel who may use an N-95 in clinical settings ONLY. AT THIS TIME, ANIMAL RESEARCHERS ARE NOT BEING FITTED FOR N-95 RESPIRATORS.
- Upon completion of your fit test, you will be issued a particulate respirator that you have been successfully fitted in along with start-up maintenance supplies. A follow-up communication will be sent to you and your supervisor regarding expected practices, restrictions and maintenance supply ordering.