Leo Luo, MD
Dr. Luo is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. Dr. Luo graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Medical School where he was a recipient of Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Fellowship. He completed his internship in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital and residency in radiation oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
Dr. Luo practices general radiation oncology and specializes in the treatment of central nervous system and pediatric cancers. His mission is to treat each patient as a unique individual and design a tailored radiation plan that maximizes the benefit while minimizing the risk of radiation. A native of Nashville, Dr. Luo is excited to provide patients with the highest level of care in his hometown.
- American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI) Travel Award
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Medical Research Fellowship
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Robert Dawes Scholar at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Education and Training
- Residency: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA