Ashwin Shinde, MD
Dr. Ashwin Shinde is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He attended the Drexel University 7-year BS/MD program, receiving a B.S. in Biology. He completed a research year on novel radioprotectors prior to graduating medical school from Drexel University. He completed his Radiation Oncology residency at City of Hope National Medical Center, with title of Chief Resident in his final year.
He has an interest in resident education in Radiation Oncology, both at the local and national levels. His clinical research interest is in comparative effectiveness research and improvement of patient outcomes, especially in controversial clinical scenarios without effective guidelines to management. He has co-authored over 30 manuscripts/editorials and has been the first author on over 20 of those.
- Grant from Fanconia Anemia Research Foundation to investigate novel radioprotector in a preclinical model, 2013
- Second place at City of Hope Annual Poster Meeting, 2018
- Travel grant to present research at Accuracy Exchange in Radiation Oncology (AERO) Summit, 2019
- Radiation Oncology Residency - City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
- Surgical Internship - Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- MD - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- BS in Biology - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA