Resident Employee Benefits
Benefits and Salary
Vanderbilt Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery residents receive a competitive salary and generous benefits. (see the Benefits link at the Vanderbilt Office of Graduate Medical Education web-site for current offerings). Of special note, there is no state income tax in Tennessee.
- Vacation - eligible for three weeks (15 days or 120 hours) of vacation upon start date. Appropriate approval must be obtained to take vacation time.
- Sick leave - accrue one day per month to use for personal illness or an eligible family member's illness.
- FMLA - consistent with the Family and Medical Leave Act, eligible residents are allowed to take up to 12 weeks of job-protected unpaid leave. More details are on the Office of Graduate Medical Education links page.
- Parking - parking costs are paid by Vanderbilt.
- Meals - each year, between $1000 - $2000 is allotted to each resident based on call load. This food stipend can be used at all Vanderbilt Medical Campus food and beverage locations, including the Courtyard Cafe, Au Bon Pain, Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, Mein Bowl, Subway, Pizza Hut Express, Taco Bell, Ben & Jerry's, Suzie's Espresso, Vanderbilt Bistro.
- On-call suite - we offer private resident on-call suites in the Bill Wilkerson Center, in close proximity to the emergency department and inpatient care areas.
- Transportation services - available if residents are too fatigued to safely drive themselves home. This service also includes a return option for the following day.
- Health resources and exercise facilities - Vanderbilt is committed to providing health resources and fitness opportunities for all residents, faculty members, and physicians.
- Moonlighting options - Vanderbilt allows moonlighting, which is practicing medicine for pay outside of the requirements of the training program. Moonlighting policy and forms are available on the Office of Graduate Medical Education web-site.
- White coats - white coat and scrubs laundering is provided by Vanderbilt.
See the Benefits link at the Vanderbilt Office of Graduate Medical Education web-site for details).
Call (615) 322-4916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or additional information.