The Vanderbilt Department of Anesthesiology is consistently one of the top 10 extramurally-funded research programs in the United States, and our investigators are also highly successful in obtaining internal funding for their work. We are committed to supporting our faculty and trainees as they pursue innovative, groundbreaking research endeavors.
Presentations on Research-related Topics
- Funding Resources: This is an extensive list of funding resources from all sources.
- Poster and Powerpoint Presentation Templates & Poster Preparation Tips: VUMC-branded PowerPoint templates to be used for ALL poster presentations, as well as a HOW-TO guide for poster prep.
- Format for Listing Institutional Affiliations: Information (along with specific examples) on how to list your institutional affiliations (post VU/VUMC split) when submitting a manuscript for publication.
- Frequently Asked Questions: A list of the top questions asked by Clinical Trial Investigators conducting research at Vanderbilt University.
- iThenticate: Plagiarism detection resource to help prevent plagiarism in published works. (Note: To obtain log-in credentials or to create an iThenticate account, contact email@example.com rather than following the "Forgot password" or "Sign Up" prompts on the iThenticate site.
- The Vanderbilt Anesthesiology Clinical Research Advisory Committee (VACRAC) and the Anesthesiology Innovation Grant Program promote clinical research in the Vanderbilt Department of Anesthesiology. Download a VACRAC Application here
- BioVU and the Synthetic Derivative (PDF): Presented October 2014 by Sarah Collier, PhD, BioVU Project Manager
- Impact of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act on Clinical Research (PDF): Presented November 2013 by Kelly Willenberg, MBA, BSN, CHRC, CHC, Research Compliance Advocates
- How to Referee a Manuscript (PDF): Presented February 2012 by Associate Professor Brian Donahue, MD, PhD, Department of Anesthesiology
- FAQs from Pediatric Investigators (PDF): Presented August 2011 by Jan Zolkower, MSHL, CIP, CCRP.
- Key Investigator Responsibilities (PDF): Presented July 2011 by Jan Zolkower, MSHL, CIP, CCRP
- Internal Funding (PDF): Presented February 2011 by Clinical Trials Manager Damon Michaels, CCRP.
- Institutional Review Board (PDF): Presented February 2011 by Clinical Trials Manager Damon Michaels, CCRP, and Gail Mayo, RN.
- Inventions & Patents (PDF): Presented March 2011 by Ken Holroyd, MD, MBA, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Grantsmanship: Tips for Writing a Great Grant (PDF): Presented May 2011 by Matthew B. Weinger, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
- Use of EndNote citation manager software (PDF): Presented August 2011 by Monica Bafetti, MA, Librarian, Eskind Biomedical Library.
- Privacy and Information Security (PDF w/ hyperlinks): Presented December 2011