Vanderbilt Radiology Health Equity serves as a catalyst to promote equitable care in and beyond the radiology community. We encourage collaborative approaches to achieving health equity, and promote innovative research to address health inequities.
To strengthen and amplify health equity efforts through learning, research and collaborative partnerships.
To drive systematic change to achieve health equity.
- Increase awareness of health equity principles
- Generate interest amongst trainees in health equity
- Engage the community in efforts to address health equity
- Strategies to Enhance Identification of Hereditary Breast Cancer Gene Carriers (Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, August 2020)
- Educational Strategies to Achieve Equitable Breast Imaging Care (Journal of Breast Imaging, August 2020)
- Disparities in Lung Cancer Screening: A Review (Annals of the American Thoracic Society, February 2020)
- Group Versus Individual Educational Sessions with a Promotora and Hispanic/Latina Women's Satisfaction with Care in the Screening Mammography Setting: A Randomized Controlled Trial (American Journal of Roentgenology, November 2019)
- Evaluation of USPSTF Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines Among African American Adult Smokers (JAMA Oncology, June 2019)
- A Community-Academic Partnership to Reduce Health Care Disparities in Diagnostic Imaging (Journal of the American College of Radiology, April 2019)
- VUMC Office of Health Equity Bestows Innovation Awards (VUMC Reporter, December 2020)
- Spalluto Awarded VICC Breast SPORE Developmental Research Program Award (October 2020)
- Learning from Crisis (ACR Bulletin, September 2020)
- Spalluto Awarded VICC Caring Hearts Fund Grant (March 2020)
- Spalluto to Oversee Radiology's Health Equity Efforts (January 2020)
- Department of Radiology Names Spalluto Vice Chair of Health Equity (January 2020)
- Spalluto, Lewis to Co-lead VA-PALS National Program Evaluation (December 2018)
- VUMC Office of Health Equity
- VUMC Office of Health Equity Anti-racism Resources Guide
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt Office of Inclusion and Health Equity
- Radiology Grand Rounds: "Equality Isn't Fair: Imaging and Imagining the Road to Health Equity" (March 2020)
- ACR Bulletin: Health Equity: Everyone's Responsibility (September 2020)
- ACR Podcast: Population Health Management in Your Practice (Featuring Dr. Lucy Spalluto)
- ACR Webinar: Understanding and Pursuing Health Equity: Opportunities to Take Action (Co-moderated by Dr. Lucy Spalluto)
- American Medical Association Center for Health Equity
- July 19-23, 2021: Vanderbilt Radiology Inaugural Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Week (More Info)
- Dec. 4, 2020 - RSNA 2020 Annual Meeting: "Equity and Access to Imaging" (Presenter: Dr. Lucy Spalluto)
- Dec. 2, 2020 - RSNA 2020 Annual Meeting: "A Call to Action in Health Equity: An Interactive Session on Health Disparities and Health Equity in Radiology" (Moderator: Dr. Lucy Spalluto)
- RSNA 2020 Annual Meeting On-demand: "Principles of Patient-centered Care (Presenter: Dr. Lucy Spalluto)
- Nov. 11, 2020 - Pearls of Knowledge: Panel Discussion on the Intersections of Breast Cancer Screening, Lung Cancer and Tobacco Use (More Info)
The Department of Radiology is excited to announce its inaugural Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Week, which took place July 19 to 23, 2021.
A joint effort of the department's Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Vanderbilt Radiology Health Equity initiatives, the week is comprised of in person and live streamed presentations, panel discussions and more.
CME credit was awarded for those in attendance.
Learn more here and view the panels below.