Welcome to Vanderbilt Nursing Support Services!
Here at Vanderbilt, we strive on providing excellent customer service and patient care. We look forward to you being a part of our team. If you have any questions during your orientation, feel free to ask!
Below are a few things you need to remember to bring with you on your orientation day:
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Bring legible copies of your driver’s license, job-related license, BLS card and any other relevant certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP, etc.).
- Bring your vehicle registration along with cash, check, or credit card to purchase your parking pass.
You will need to pay for 3 months of parking in advance. Below are the lots that are available for you to select with the monthly rate for each
- West Garage which is $46/month
- 25TH Avenue Garage which is also $46/month
- N Lot which is $26/month
- Free Lot - This is not available on the weekends only during the week.
NOTE: If you are working in a clinic that is off campus you will park in the designated lot for your clinic. Just let the parking office know and they will assign you to the correct lot and provide you with the cost.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR VUNET ID
- Log onto https://vumc. org//it//accessvu/
- Click on “New Users” then “New Medical Center Employee” and follow the prompts to claim your VUNet ID and establish your security password information.
- You will be given your VUNet ID and your Vanderbilt email account at the end of the process.
It is your responsibility to keep up with your Vunet ID and password. These two pieces of information are required to do your job. Keep your password a secure area that you can easily remember.
If you forget your password Don’t Worry! You can go to Access VU using the link above. This time click Existing Users, select Change ePassword, and follow the prompts to change your password.
YOUR VANDERBILT EMAIL
- After you claim your Vunet ID please log into your Vanderbilt email. Many areas will only communicate with you using your Vanderbilt email.
- You can access your email from the email button on the Medical Center home page at www.mc.vanderbilt.edu.
EXTERNAL AGENCY STAFF NEW HIRE ORIENTATION MODULES
- You have been assigned several modules in the Learning Exchange which is the medical center Learning Management System (LMS).
- Please complete ALL modules that are assigned to you by the Friday before you start date!
- You need to claim your Vunet ID in order to access the modules.
How to access the modules:
- You can access the modules on the Learning Exchange at https://learningexchange.vumc.org/
- You will be prompted to log on using your Vunet ID and password
- From the Learning Exchange Dashboard click My Courses.
- All the courses that you have been enrolled in will display
- Click the light blue drop down in the upper right corner to log out or return to the dashboard.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR ASSISTANCE:
- If you are having trouble claiming your Vunet ID, contact the Helpdesk at 615-343-4357, select option 2.
- If you are having issues opening the modules, please email LearningExchange@vumc.org.
- If you have questions or need additional assistance email email@example.com or call the Nursing Support Services Office at 615-343-5100! We are here to help!
We are glad you are here, and we look forward to seeing you soon!