Frequently Asked Questions
- An ERAS application form
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE (or COMLEX) transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (you may submit more if you prefer; Chair LOR not required)
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable - applicants must be ECFMG-certified no later than the application deadline of October 15)
- If you wish to submit information to supplement your application (publication updates, etc.), you may do so by contacting the residency coordinator and sending this information on to her via email for updating your file.
Each applicant, as a whole, is taken into consideration.
Only part 1 scores are required for application; however, part 2 must be completed prior to standing your intern year.
Sub-Internships are coordinated through the Registrar's Office at the Vanderbilt University of School of Medicine and VSAS. Currently we have no cap on the number of visiting students that we will take; thus, your rotation request should be granted if you meet all of the medical school's requirements and stipulations.
- Applications are processed and offer extended no more than 8 weeks prior to each elective. Information for potential visiting students can be found here.
- No interviews will be granted during the time you are here for a sub-internship. Spending time with us on sub-internship does not imply or guarantee that you will be invited for an interview.
We do accept applicants from international medical graduates. You must be ECFMG-certified and acquire a J-1 visa by July 1 of your intern year.
An applicant must be able to qualify for a J-1 visa. Upon hiring, visa applications are handled through the GME Office.