Fellowship Program Curriculum
- VHVI Autonomics Clinic: Fellows will be asked to attend a minimum of two afternoon clinics per week. Activities will be supervised by a dedicated autonomics provider. Clinical rotations are subject to the provider's schedule and attendance of autonomic meetings or conferences.
- Autonomic testing: Testing occurs five mornings per week in the Autonomic Dysfunction Clinic and at least three times a week in the Autonomic Dysfunction Lab located close to the Clinical Research Center. The fellow will be expected to review and interpret all testing results under the supervision of the clinical staff.
- Clinical Research Center: Specialized testing, such as microneurography recordings, spectranalysis of blood pressure and heart rate, analysis of cardiac output by impedance, and acetylene re-breathing technique and pharmacological testing, is available for review to fellows during their research rotation. Adequate training in these techniques is available through our dedicated research faculties.
- Consult service: Fellows will be required to participate in the autonomic inpatient consult service. On average, the consult service has between one to two consults per day. Fellows will be asked to rotate for a minimum of four weeks a year. They will evaluate the patient and formulate a treatment plan under the supervision of the attending autonomic physician.
- Elective rotation: Movement Disorder Clinic/Cognitive Disorder Clinic due to autonomic failure often co-existing with a movement disorder.