The Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center supports three core facilities related to the conduct of epidemiological studies.
Molecular Epidemiology Laboratory
The Molecular Epidemiology Core Laboratory is led by Dr. Qiuyin Cai and provides laboratory services to support molecular and genetic epidemiological studies. Services provided include the following:
- Biological sample collection
- Biological sample processing
- Biological sample banking
- Biological sample aliquoting
- DNA/RNA extraction
- DNA/RNA sample banking
- Sample requisition for banked samples
- Gene expression analysis
- Immunohistochemistry staining
- Luminex and ELISA assay
- Protocol development for biological sample collection and storage, genotyping, and biomarker assays
- Other services that support molecular epidemiological studies
Study consultations are available to discuss the needs of your project.
For further information or service requests, please contact
Dr. Qiuyin Cai at email@example.com
or Ms. Regina Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Epidemiology Statistical Core
The Epidemiology Statistical Core is led by Dr. Wanqing Wen and provides general statistical support for the research efforts of VEC investigators:
- Study designs and power calculations
- Management of the complex data sets produced by large-scale studies
- Data analyses for ongoing epidemiology projects
- Statistical programming
- Statistical analysis consultations
The primary data analysis tools are SAS, R, and statistical genetics packages. Study consultations are available to discuss the needs of your project. For further information, please contact Dr. Wanqing Wen at email@example.com .