Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Services will be the national leader in rehabilitation and wellness by providing personalized care through innovative evidence-based practice, research, and education
The mission of Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Services is to improve the quality of life for our patients and families.
- We will deliver a quality experience through the continuum of care.
- We will serve as advocates for and partners with our patients, professions, and community.
- We will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams throughout Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- We will utilize innovative therapy interventions and techniques.
- We will advance practice through active participation in research, professional development and student education.
Members of our teams specialize in different fields of rehabilitation. We have Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Audiologists, and Neuropsychologists providing patient-focused care.
- VUMC Outpatient Clinics offer therapy to our patients throughout the Middle Tennessee area.
- Acute Care Rehabilitation is available for our patients while they are in the hospital.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation is offered at Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital for patients that need additional help after hospitalizations.
- VUMC Home Health Care provides therapy services for patient when needed in their homes.
- For more information on VUMC Pediatric Rehabilitation, click here.
Our Rehabilitation programs are actively involved in continuous quality improvement through Focus Teams charged with continued competencies for staff, consistency of practice and documentation, and ensuring care is delivered based on the most up-to-date evidence and research.
As an academic medical center, we support our community through continuous learning and development of future professionals. We are contracted with over 70 professional schools across the United States. Our clinicians provide training for more than 50 occupational and physical therapy students and 60 audiologists and speech-language pathologists annually. We host continuing education workshops each year, and the majority are open to a variety of medical professionals as we share our knowledge and remain current with the latest therapy techniques, theories, and regulations that govern our practice.