* NOTICE RE: CASE OBSERVATIONS - if you were not able to shadow a case within the last year due to COVID-19 restrictions, please contact the Perfusion Program Director Dawn Oles for alternate arrangements. Dawn.M.Oles@vumc.org
**STARTING IN 2021, ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ELECTRONIC. THE APPLICATION WINDOW WILL OPEN AUGUST 16, 2021 AND WILL CLOSE OCTOBER 15, 2021. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS WEBSITE FOR THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION**
**ALL SUPPORTING APPLICATION DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW WILL STILL BE REQUIRED FOR ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS**
- PERFUSION APPLICATION
- PERFUSION REFERENCE FORM
- PERFUSION OBSERVATION FORM
Applications must be delivered to the Center for Programs in Allied Health at the address below, with postmarks dated on or before the deadline of October 15, 2021. ALL SUPPORTING APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOUND IN THE CHECKLIST BELOW MUST BE SECURED BY THE APPLICANT AND INCLUDED WITH THE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION IN ONE MAILING ENVELOPE. Failure to follow these instructions will result in points deducted from your final applicant ranking score. Full submission of application materials by the applicant MUST include the following:
- Completed application (postmarked by: Friday, October 15, 2021)
- $100 non‐refundable application fee (check/money order payable to VUMC – do NOT send cash)
- Personal statement
- Perfusion observation form (see notice above)
- 3 letters of reference and reference forms in sealed envelope(s)
- Official transcripts for ALL post‐secondary coursework in sealed envelope(s). For education obtained at a non‐ U.S. Institution, translation into the U.S. equivalency (i.e., equivalence of credits per course and of degree conferred) must be submitted with this application (translation into English language only is NOT accepted).
- Electronic transcripts may be sent to: PerfusionProgram@vumc.org.
CPiAH, Perfusion Program
Attn: Kristen N. Smith
2215 Garland Avenue
Light Hall, Room 312
Nashville, TN 37232-0495
In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Sections 5053 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Vanderbilt University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of educational policies, programs, or activities; its admissions policies; scholarship or loan programs; athletic or other University-administered programs; or employment. In addition, the University does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation consistent with University non-discriminatory policy.
The Vanderbilt Observation Experience (VOE) is currently CLOSED and is not accepting applications for students to visit campus and shadow cases. An update will be posted here as soon as it opens back up.