Carpools provide commuters an opportunity to share fuel costs, vehicle "wear and tear," and parking expenses. In an effort to conserve the environment and provide alternative transportation methods for employees, VUMC has a "Ride-Match" website that facilitates the identification of potential carpool partners. To access this website, log onto www.VMCRideMatch.com.
VUMC Faculty or Staff receives a discounted parking rate once a carpool is formed.
Benefits from forming a Carpool include:
- Less stress commuting to and from work
- Financial savings due to shared commuting cost
- Decreased personal vehicle maintenance and “wear and tear”
- Increased free time for riders
- Improved air quality resulting from fewer auto emissions
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Time saved by riding in HOV lanes
- Reduced parking permit expense due to VUMC’s discount