Ideal applicants will have demonstrated an interest in health policy or health services through a master's degree and/or relevant work experience. Applicants should have an understanding of quantitative concepts demonstrated by coursework or work experience.
All applicants to the Ph.D. Program in Health Policy must include the following in the application:
- Statement of Purpose that includes the concentration(s) and/or policy area(s) of interest
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for all college/university degrees and courses
- GRE score (optional)
- TOEFL score for applicants who have not completed a degree from an English-speaking institution (will also accept IELTS or Duolingo score)
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action, and encourages individuals from diverse, under-represented populations to apply to its graduate programs. The university does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, socio-economic background, or disability.
Fall 2023 applications are now closed. Fall 2024 applications will open in summer 2023.
Applications are due Jan. 15 each year.
How to Apply
To apply online visit the Vanderbilt Graduate School.
- Select Apply Now
- Create an account and login
- Select start new application
- Complete the Program page with the information below