Students in Vanderbilt’s Ph.D. in Health Policy will develop skills in critical review, study design, analysis, proposal development, and professional development.
During their coursework, students will also have access to:
- Top faculty, nationally recognized leaders in Health Policy. These faculty members are experts in a variety of fields from pharmacoepidemiology, long-term care, prescription drug policy and pricing, child and maternal health, health IT, hospital and health economics, and more.
- Interdisciplinary training in relevant techniques from disciplines including economics, biostatistics, informatics, and epidemiology.
- Applied experience gained through research opportunities in Nashville’s robust health care industry and policy environment.
- Hands-on experience in proposal development, research, and teaching.
Specifically, students will develop content-area expertise and a deep understanding of:
- The organization, financing, and delivery of health care services.
- The impact of policy on population health and related behaviors.
- The range of factors that shape health care quality, costs, and access.
For more details about our program, please feel free to review our Program Handbook. (updated October 2022)