The Vanderbilt Health Coaching Program has two Cohorts each year: Winter/Spring & Fall.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2023 and later. The Fall '23 Cohort begins online September 10th with the following mandatory intensive weekend dates:
- Intensive Weekend #1: November 3-5, 2023
- Intensive Weekend #2: May 3-5, 2024
- College degree or license in a healthcare field. Past applicant degrees and licenses include MD, RN, NP, PT, OT, Ph.D., and LSW.
- Applicants without a healthcare license, but with a degree and 3+ years of experience in the health and wellness field, may be considered.
- Submission of Online Application
- Statement of Interest
- This is your opportunity to tell the Faculty how and why you are interested in the Health Coaching field. We want to hear your goals as a Vanderbilt-trained Health Coach and aspirations post-program.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
Please allow 7-10 business days for the review of your application and notification of the acceptance decision. Accepted applicants will receive further instructions on how to register for the course via email.
Please email any questions to Healthcoaching@vumc.org.
Space in the course is limited, and registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis once you have been notified of acceptance to the program.
The registration fee covers your participation in the course, access to the course website, and lunches during the in-person sessions. The registration fee does not cover lodging or transportation costs for the in-person weekends. NOTE: Intensive weekends remain online in 2023. Intensive #2 may be In-Person in 2024 if there the Cohort agrees to travel.
A $600.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space in the course. This amount will be deducted from your remaining course registration fee amount. See the course registration options below:
Early Registration: If payment is made in full one month before the course start, the early bird price is $5,900.00.
Group Discount: $5,900.00 per person if 4 or more participants apply together and are accepted into the program. Payment must be made in full a month before the course start, to receive the discount. Please note on the application that you are applying as a group and list the other individuals who are part of your group.
The total course registration fee is $6,400 if you do not utilize either the early registration or group discount. If a single payment is not possible, please discuss the payment plan option with our program manager.
Additional Costs: Required reading TBA upon acceptance to course. The required reading cost will be less than $50.