The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) offers multiple opportunities for our administrators in School of Medicine departments to access faculty-related resources and to learn about faculty actions and OFA policies and processes.
OFA staff is happy to offer individualized consultation on a dossier that is ready to be submitted for appointment or promotion. To request a time for a dossier review, please contact OFA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Intro to OFA" or "OFA Check-In" Sessions
OFA staff offers small group sessions to onboard new department administrators, to provide an overview of faculty actions or specific OFA policies and processes, and to assess how OFA can effectively support the department. To request a small group session with OFA staff, please contact OFA at email@example.com.
Department Administrator Roundtable Series
The Department Administrator Roundtable Series is designed to engage VUSM department administrators in learning functions associated with the Office of Faculty Affairs. The program consists of monthly meetings on topics related to faculty work-lives. Recent topics include: (a) appointments and promotions, (b) reappointments, (c) offer letters, (d) professional development, (e) compliance, and (f) conflict of interest.
- September 27, 2021: Admin Kick-Off Meeting!
- October 20, 2021: All About Letters
- November 1, 2021: Retired Status, Emeritus/Emerita and Endowed Chairs
- December 17, 2021: Credentialing Process Update
- January 10, 2022: Faculty Manual and Faculty Benefits
- February 7, 2022: FMLA and Other Leave Requests
- March 7, 2022: Reappointments and Departures
- April 12, 2022: Open Topic
- May 9, 2022: Year in Review
*access to slides from completed roundtable sessions is available on the "Faculty Affairs Department Admins" site in Microsoft Teams.
For more information on the Department Administrator Roundtable Series, please contact:
Office of Faculty Affairs | Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
326 Light Hall
- Microsoft Teams: The "Faculty Affairs Department Admins" team will be the location for OFA announcements and helpful resources. To receive access to the team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Box: Each department has a set of Box folders for submitting actions to and receiving completed actions from OFA. To receive access to your department's Box folders, please contact Elaine Brown at email@example.com.