Welcome From the Senior Associate Dean
Welcome from the Faculty Affairs Office team. It is our privilege to support the faculty of the School of Medicine in its many missions. I hope you will find the resources on this web site helpful.
David Raiford, M.D.
To provide faculty advocacy, promote academic quality, and advance the strategic goals of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (VUSOM) by the following:
- supporting the hiring of outstanding and diverse faculty members;
- providing support and education to VUSOM departments
- overseeing the appointments and promotions process;
- fostering the development, implementation, and interpretation of faculty policies;
- facilitating access to training and compliance requirements;
- administering conflict of interest, disclosure, and review policies;
- providing professional development programs for faculty members;
- managing emeritus and endowed chairs nominations;
- supporting VUSOM department chair searches.