The Mid-Career Skills Building Program (MSBP) is a year-long, professional development program for Associate Professors at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. The program allows participants to engage in self-reflection, networking, and education in the realms associated with faculty life at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
- Associate Professors with demonstrated commitment to Vanderbilt School of Medicine and proven record of accomplishments
- Mid-career faculty are invited to attend all sessions, or only those of interest to them.
- Updates coming soon!
- Developing tools to become an outstanding mentor
- Publishing: Insight from journal editors
- Writing effective letters of nomination and recommendation
- Innovation in academic medicine: Licensing or patenting
- Personnel management
- Information technology/project management tools
- Improving teaching and presentation skills
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and communication
- Tools for identifying awards and society positions
- Faculty coaching: Career/life balance; Time management
- Risk-taking in your research
- Improving communication skills
For more information on the Mid Career Faculty Development Program, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs.