The Mid-Career Leadership Development Program (MLDP) is designed to cultivate and prepare future leaders in the medical center. The program provides the foundation for success of selected Associate Professors exhibiting leadership abilities. The program engages distinguished faculty members from the Owen School of Management, senior School of Medicine leaders, and selected leaders from regional and national Academic Medical Associations.
The Office of Faculty Affairs submits a call for nominations to all Vanderbilt University School of Medicine department chairs during the Fall semester. Nominations are reviewed during November and accepted participants are notified by the beginning of December.
- Associate Professors with demonstrated commitment to Vanderbilt School of Medicine and proven record of accomplishments.
- January - December sessions
- Participants are expected to attend all sessions
- Self-awareness for Development Planning
- Being an Effective Team Leader
- Conflict Management Styles
- Strategic Planning
- Finance and Budgeting Fundamentals
- Graceful Self-Promotion
- Academic Medical Centers as Organizations
- Strategic Plan Presentations
For more information on the Mid-Career Leadership Development Program, contact Ashley Wood (email@example.com).