The Junior Faculty Leadership Development Program (JFLDP) is a year – long, leadership development program designed for newly hired School of Medicine faculty members conducting ‘bench research’. The purpose of the program is to provide information that enhances skills and knowledge of Vanderbilt processes, policies, and regulations in support of implementing leadership in scientific research, specifically grants, funding, and hiring.
Faculty Participant Goals
- Provide leadership development for scientists entering a significant, new career state
- Build awareness of the resources, regulations, policies, and essential responsibilities for working effectively within the VUMC systems
- Enhance understanding of personal leadership styles, individual strengths, and the impacts when working and leading teams
- Enhance faculty diversity, recruitment, retention, networking, self – efficacy, and leadership
- Develop a cohort of faculty members that can collaborate strategically on research to advance the quality and resource effectiveness in research, education, clinical care, and basic science.
- Early tenure - track faculty members conducting bench science/research at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Nominations are due by August 15, 2018 to the Office of Faculty Affairs
- Participants will be identified during October 2018 and will be notified of acceptance to the JFLDP cohort by November 19, 2018
- Participant biographies and photos are due by December 10, 2018.
- Interactive session topics facilitated by Vanderbilt School of Medicine Faculty Members.
- The 2018 - 2019 Cohort will begin meeting during January 2019.
- Building a Career in Academic Medicine
- Faculty Wellness & Resiliency
- Staffing & Managing
- Grant Submission & Review Process
Technology for Lab Scientists
- Manuscript Writing
- Financial Management
- Leadership Insights
For more information on the Junior Faculty Leadership Development Program, please contact:
Manager, Faculty Development Programs
320 Light Hall