Temporal Bone Course
Vanderbilt University Medical Center's 86th Temporal Bone Course
Thursday, October 20 - Friday, October 21, 2022
Sponsored by Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
This Neurotology-focused course provides training in temporal bone anatomy, disease, management of the ear, and applied surgeries.
The 86th Annual Temporal Bone Course led by The Otology Group at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, is a 2-day, in-person course on VUMC's campus that combines a didactic lecture series with hands-on dissection lab training.
Featuring keynote speaker: Craig A. Buchman, MD from Washington University in St. Louis
- Anatomy of the temporal bone
- Surgery for chronic ear disease
- Cochlear implants
- Management of sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Image-guided surgery in otology
- Advanced radiology techniques in otology
- Osseointegrated implants
- Audiology and vestibular diagnostic techniques
- Ossicular reconstruction
- Management of acoustic tumors
- Surgery for vertigo
- Skull base approaches to the temporal bone
- Endoscopic ear surgery
Procedures to be Demonstrated/Performed:
- Intact canal with mastoidectomy
- Facial recess and extended facial recess
- Endolymphatic sac decompression
- Facial nerve identification
- Canal wall down mastoidectomy
- Middle cranial fossa approach
- Translabyrinthine approach to the skull base
- Transcochlear approach to the skull base
- BAHA implant techniques
Dissection registration spots are LIMITED, so register now to secure your participation in the full dissection curriculum of the course. Additional non-dissection registration spots are available.
AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit available.
HOTEL ROOM BLOCK
We have a block of rooms available at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University until Wednesday, September 21st, 2022.
Address: 2555 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
To book: Call 615-321-1300 and reference code "CME"
Or visit our personalized booking link HERE
For questions regarding registration, participation, or anything else related to the course, please contact Meghan Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.