See the Graduate Program section for student and teaching/mentoring awards.
Patrick G. Arbogast Collaborative Publication Awards
These recognize outstanding collaborative publications from our department. Papers are judged on scientific influence and biostatistical contribution. Click on the recipients' names to view the papers.
2020: William D. Dupont and Dale Plummer, "8q24 genetic variation and comprehensive haplotypes altering familial risk of prostate cancer"
2019: Jonathan Chipman, Robert Greevy, and Amber Hackstadt, "Association of treatment with metformin vs sulfonylurea with major adverse cardiovascular events among patients with diabetes and reduced kidney function"
2018: Rameela Chandrasekhar Raman and Jennifer Thompson, "Haloperidol and ziprasidone for treatment of delirium in critical illness"
2017: Tatsuki Koyama
2016: Matthew Shotwell
2015: Rameela Chandreskhar
2014: Jeffrey Blume
Faculty Development/Pilot Grant Awards
2021: Shilin Zhao, Improving Cancer Histopathological Deep Learning Models by Integrating Omics Data
2019: Dandan Liu, Statistical Methods for Practical Implementation of Clinical Prediction Tools in the Emergency Department
- Jeffrey Blume, Promoting Novel Methods in Mediation Modeling, Statistical Inference, and Experimental Design
- Cindy Chen, Improving Data Quality for Time-Varying Measurements in Electronic Medical Records
- Dandan Liu, On Recalibration of Risk Models Using Electronic Health Records
- Matt Shotwell, Statistical Methods to Quantify and Present Patient-Specific Estimates of Drug Exposure in Pharmacokinetic Models with Residual Blood Samples
- Yaomin Xu, Multivariate Analysis of the Phenome, Genome Relationship Using Large EHR/Biobank Data: A "Big Data" Discovery Approach towards Personalized Medicine
- Fei Ye, Methylation-Wide Association Study Methods
IT Innovation Awards
2020: Cole Beck, Leena Choi, Elizabeth McNeer, Nathan James, Hannah Weeks, and Michael Williams, for Dose Building, EHR R Package
Methods Publication Awards
These recognize exceptional methodological publications by biostatisticians in our department.
2020: Ran Tao, "Optimal Designs of Two-Phase Studies," Journal of the American Statistical Association
2019: Frank Harrell
2018: Qi Liu, Quanhu Sheng, Jie Ping & Yu Shyr, "Quantitative assessment of cell population diversity in single-cell landscapes," PLOS Biology
2017: Bryan Shepherd, Frank Harrell & Qi Liu
2015: Jonathan Schildcrout
2014: Dandan Liu
2013: Qingxia (Cindy) Chen
Linda Stewart Analysis Report Awards
These recognize exceptional applied analysis reports written by staff biostatisticians.
2020: Josh DeClercq, "Healthcare Costs and Utilization Project"
2019: Onur Orun
2018: Ahra Kim
2017: Run Fan
2015: JoAnn Alvarez
2014: Cathy Jenkins
2013: Jennifer Thompson