VUMC Nursing Scholars Program is a scholarship program for eligible nursing students. This program is designed as a pathway for qualified students to become Vanderbilt Health nurses. This is for pre-licensure nurses, eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX) license for Tennessee and enrolled in an accredited nursing program.
What We Offer
- VUMC will provide tuition assistance for those who receive a scholarship.
- In exchange for VUMC’s tuition assistance, the eligible student agrees to accept full-time employment with VUMC after passing the NCLEX and obtaining a Tennessee nursing license.
- Student is currently enrolled in a participating, accredited nursing program.
- Students must be in good standing based on the nursing school policies.
Student Repayment and/or Forgiveness
- Students are not required to repay any tuition assistance if they remain in good standing as a VUMC employee for an agreed upon four-year agreement.
- If student voluntarily ends employment or is terminated from VUMC, they are required to repay VUMC for a pro-rated share of the tuition assistance.
Click on appropriate school for additional details including printable flyer:
What VUMC Will Cover for Cumberland University Students:
- VUMC will cover $7500 per semester for up to four semesters of upper-division nursing courses.
Printable flyer Nursing Scholar's Program with Cumberland University
(formatted for 8-1/2 x 11)