Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to support:
- Onboarding and Orientation, including central and track-specific orientation, as well as targeted population-specific education by experienced preceptors and VUMC content experts.
- Professional Development in the First Year, including opportunities designed to meet the needs of the transitioning nurse.
- Beyond the First Year, including mentorship, career guidance, and support for ongoing professional development and growth.
What we offer
- Discounts for employees of VUMC for housing, entertainment, and more
- Onboarding to provide peer and mentor support from Nurse Residency Leaders
- 10k sign-on bonus*
- Relocation assistance for those that qualify*
- Education Assistance:
Loan repayment: VUMC will contribute $500 monthly towards student loans for those in good standing. Eligible nurses can participate in this program for four years. This means a nurse can reduce their debt by up to $24,000 while enrolled.
- Career Pathways and Growth
- Professional Certification Assistance
- Resuscitation education support
- Leading center of care for trauma, NICU, Stroke, organ transplant, etc
- Wellness benefits
- For mental/emotional/physical care
- Retirement Benefits
- 403b matching
- retirement planning and goals assistance
- Financial education support
- Registered Nurses with less than 6 months of professional nursing experience at the time of application
- Candidates must possess an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ASN or ADN), Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or higher from an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited and state-approved program.
- Nurse Residents hired into the program without a BSN will be encouraged to attain a BSN within 3 years.
- All graduation requirements must be met (including the HESI or other exit exams) prior to the start date of the nurse residency program.
- Required to be licensed prior to their start date. Residents that can provide official documentation of successful NCLEX results and pending application for TN RN licensure (or a state that is part of the enhanced nurse licensure compact) will be considered eligible to start
Questions? Contact us.