The Vanderbilt Hormone Assay & Analytical Services Core facilitates diabetes, endocrine, and metabolic research across a range of species. Sensitive, reproducible, and inexpensive analysis of hormones, catecholamines, amino acids, stable isotopes, purine nucleotides, and markers of oxidative stress and inflammation is provided. Investigators are given access to assays which are not readily available, assistance with method development, training, technical support, and access to research space and personnel.
Managing Director: Dale Edgerton, Ph.D.
Facility Manager: Pat Donahue
Administrative Office: Alisa Escue
RIA / HPLC / Luminex / Enzymatic / ELISA assays:
- Radioimmunoassays (RIA): ACTH, corticosterone, cortisol, c-peptide, ghrelin, glucagon, growth hormone, insulin, leptin, PYY, testosterone, T3 and T4
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): amino acid, catecholamines (epinephrine & norepinephrine), creatinine and purine nucleotides
- Luminex multiplex: includes human and mouse adipokine, cytokine/chemokine, metabolic hormones, IGF, immunology/inflammation, and pituitary panels
- Enzymatic: glucose
- ELISA: glucagon
* For inquiries, please contact the hormone core staff at (615) 936-1624 or email Dale Edgerton
- Small molecule biomarker analysis with bioinformatic and statistical analysis and biochemical and biological interpretation of results.
- The Hormone Core has a contract with Metabolon to provide metabolomics analysis. This service is only available to internal Vanderbilt investigators.
* For inquiries, please email Alisa Escue
- Lipids are measured by the VUMC Lipid Core
***This core is supported by NIH grants DK059637 (MMPC) and DK020593 (DRTC). Please include an acknowledgment in your publications.***