Customs & Imports

V. Alexander: VUMC Customs Broker

Do you require the services of a Customs Broker?

VUMC has an approved vendor, V.Alexander & Co. For the most current V. Alexander & Co. contact information, go to the VUMC Procurement Vendor Website.

  • Once at the procurement vendor website, in the Keyword Search box at the top left, type "Customs".
  • "V. Alexander's" should be the first search result that appears.
    • The associate under the 'Contact' heading is your appropriate liaison.
    • Presently, the V. Alexander contact for VUMC is:

Looking for an HTS code or Schedule B number?

An ECCN is different from a Schedule B number and Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) nomenclature.

  • Schedule B = used by the Census Bureau to collect trade statistics
  • HTS code = used to determine import duties

**Please contact V. Alexander for assistance with HTS codes and Schedule B numbers.**

When do I need to prepare the Electronic Export Information (EEI) to be filed with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)?

The Electronic Export Information (EEI) needs to be filed when the value of the commodity classified under each individual Schedule B number is over $2,500 or if a validated export license is required to export the commodity. The exporter is responsible for preparing the EEI and the carrier files it with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) through the AES or AES Direct.

**Please contact V. Alexander for assistance with EEI filing and CBP requirements.**