- In the event of an emergency abroad that requires assistance beyond or in addition to what the local authorities can provide, please contact ISOS at +1-215-942-8226 (call collect). VUMC's membership number is 11BTA1676447.
International SOS (ISOS)
- ISOS provides emergency travel assistance and evacuation services for all faculty, staff, and residents traveling internationally on VUMC-related business.
- Click here to access the ISOS portal.
- Review health, safety and security information specific to your international destination AND print your ISOS membership card by accessing the link above.
- Register your travel on the "My Trips" login option from within the portal.
- Download the ISOS Assistance App for your smartphone.
- For more information about ISOS, please click on the 'International SOS Details' link to the left.
- Faculty, Staff & Residents: All VUMC employees traveling abroad for work-related activities AND who book their travel using World Travel or Concur will automatically be registered in ISOS coverage. For easy access to these VUMC travel resources, visit the VUMC Travel Office.
- If you are traveling abroad for work purposes and you do not book through World Travel or Concur, please manually register your international travel itinerary here.
Traveling to Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, or Venezuela? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org first for current requirements
Export Compliance Travel Review
An International Travel Questionnaire ("ITQ") is required to be submitted at least 10 business days before any VUMC business-related travel outside of the U.S. occurs. The ITQ is a REDCap survey and can be found here.
Before ALL VUMC business-related international travel:
- Visit VUMC Export Compliance's International Travel site and complete the International Travel Questionnaire ("ITQ") survey.
- Register your travel with ISOS. (This is done automatically if you booked through Concur or World Travel.)
- Register your travel through STEP (U.S. Department of State).
- Use the links below to view travel alerts, warnings, and FYI's for your destination to help you plan appropriately.
- Country-Specific Information
- Disability Service
- Emabassies & Consulates
- Emergency Information
- Female Travelers