The Early-Career Investigator Workshop Series is a program aimed at junior faculty members conducting bench science who wish to learn and refine skills related to lab management and success in basic research. Areas covered include: leadership development, self-awareness as a leader, financial lab management, human resources skills, and other leadership insights.
The Office of Faculty Affairs submits a call for nominations to all Vanderbilt University School of Medicine department chairs during the fall semester. Nominations are reviewed during November and accepted participants are notified by the beginning of December.
· Newly hired assistant professors on the investigator track
· Must have a research program focused on basic science (wet or dry lab)
· Cohort-based program
· January - June sessions
· Participants are expected to attend all sessions
· Building your research team
· Managing your research team
· Honing your mentoring skills
· Learning VUMC faculty wellness programs and self-resiliency
· Discussing financial management of your laboratory
· Building your research career
For more information on the Early-Career Investigator Development Program, contact Lisa Tarr.