To view all sessions, visit atom Alliance Learning on Demand
We discuss the paid feeding assistant regulation requirements, training logistics, and staff recruitment strategies. This session is intended for the key contact person at each facility (e.g., DON, Administrator, Staff Developer) to prepare for training.
Download Slides Here
- What is the training series? How will it be run?
- Why should your facility participate?
- What are training requirements?
- Which staff should participate in training?
Session 1: Assistance with Feeding & Hydration
- Paid Feeding Assistant Regulation Overview
- Resident Risk Factors
- Warning Signs of Malnutrition & Dehydration
- Role of Feeding Assistants
Session 2: Diet Types
- Texture modified diets
- Therapeutic diets
- Thickened liquids
- Adaptive (eating) equipment
Session 5: Appropriate Responses to Resident Behavior
- Causes and Contexts of Resident Behavior
- Approaches to Handle Difficult Behaviors
- Basic Principles of Resident Rights
- Definitions of Abuse & Neglect
- Reporting Abuse & Neglect
- Feeding Assistant's Role in Maintaining Resident Rights