- Office for Undergraduate Medical Education
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching Digital Library
- Center for Teaching Development at UMDNJ
- National Organizations for Medical Educators
- Group on Educational Affairs, Southern Region AAMC
- National AAMC Group on Educational Affairs (GEA)
- International Association for Medical Student Educators (IAMSE)
- Harvard Macy Institute
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
Learn more about Academies at Other Institutions
- Halle T Debas Academy for Medical Educators at UCSF
- Academy of Distinguished Educators at Baylor
- Glenda Garvey Teaching Academy at Columbia
- Academy at Harvard
- Academy of Distinguished Medical Educators at Pritzker School of Medicine at University of Chicago
Journals appropriate for publishing scholarly educational work.
Please visit the RIME (Research in Medical Education) web page: https://www.aamc.org/members/gea/gea_sections/rimesection/. Names of publications can be found at https://www.aamc.org/download/184694/data/annotated_bibliography_of_journals.pdf.
Articles about Academies
Dewey CM, Friedland JA, Richards BF, Lamki N, Kirkland RT. The emergence of academies of educational excellence: a survey of U.S. Medical Schools. Acad Med 2005 April;80(4):358-365
Irby DM, Cooke M, Lowenstein D, Richards B. The academy movement: a structural approach to reinvigorating the educational mission. Acad Med. 2004 Aug;79(8):729-36. Review.
Cooke M, Irby DM, Debas HT. The UCSF Academy of Medical Educators. Acad Med. 2003 Jul;78(7):666-672
Thibault GE, Neill JM, Lowenstein DH. The academy at Harvard medical school: nurturing teaching and stimulating innovation. Acad Med 2003 Jul;78(7):673-681
Richards BE, Moran BJ, Friedland JA, Kirkland RT, Searle NS, Coburn M. A criterion-based, peer review process for assessing the scholarship of educational leadership. Acad Med 2002 Oct;77(10):S7-S9.
Articles about Scholarship in Teaching, Faculty Development as Educators
Simpson D, Marcdante K, Morzinski J, Meurer L, McLaughlin C, Lamb G, Janik T, Currey L. Fifteen years of aligning faculty development with Primary care clinician-educator roles and academic advancement at the medical college of Wisconsin. Acad Med 2006 Nov;81(11):945-953
Simpson D, Hofler J, Brown D, Wilkerson L. Documentation systems for educators seeking academic promotion in U.S. medical schools. Acad Med 2004 Aug;79(8):783-790
Fincher RM, Simpson DE, Mennin SP, Rosenfeld GC, Rothman A, McGrew MC, hansen PA, Mazmanian PE, Turnbull JM. Scholarship in teaching: an imperative for the 21st century. Acad Med 2000 Sept;75(9):887-894