Health Sciences Education Grand Rounds 2023
- Monday, January 23, 2023, 12-1 pm, Virtual – Marie A. Bernard, MD, Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity (COSWD) National Institutes of Health (NIH)
"Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility – the NIH Viewpoint"
Monday, October 30, 2023 12-1pm LH 202 - Beverely Sheares, MD, MS - Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Pulmonology); Program Director, Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship, Pediatrics; Medical Director, Pediatric Aerodigistive Center, Pediatrics; Leader, Health Equity Thread, Yale School of Medicine Pediatrics
Monday, November 13, 2023 LH 208 12- 1pm - Dr. Subha Ramani - Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Honorary Professor of Medical Education at the University of Manchester, UK and Visiting Professor of Medical Education, University of Indonesia
- Vanderbilt School of Medicine Annual John Chapman, M.D., Distinguished Flexner Lectureship- Monday, April 24, 2023 12PM - 1PM LH 208 Speaker: Kevin B. Churchwell, President/CEO Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
“The Importance of EDI for Medical Education in the Hospital Setting”
Health Sciences Education Autumn Common 2023
- Monday, September 18, 2023 5-7pm EBL 238 - Peter J. Embi, MD, MS, FACP, FAMIA, FIAHSI- Professor & Chair, Development of Biomedical Informatics, Professor Medicine, Senior Vice-President for Research & Innovation, Endowed Director of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Health Sciences Education Grand Rounds 2022
- Monday, January 24, 2022, 12 - 1 pm, Virtual - Lorelei Lingard, PhD
"Story, not Study: How to write manuscripts that readers can’t put down"
- Monday, March 7, 2022, 12 - 1 pm, Virtual - Kimberly Lomis, MD, Vice President of American Medical Association
“Working together for transformative change: Systems thinking for medical educators”
- Monday, April 18, 2022, 12 - 1 pm, Virtual - Andrea Deyrup, MD., PhD., Duke and Joseph Graves. Jr., PhD., NC A&T State University
"Race in Medicine: Data or Distraction?"
- Monday, May 23, 2022, 12 - 1 pm, Barrett Fromme, MD, LH 202, MD, Associate Dean, University of Chicago
"Building, Evolving, and Sustaining a Vital Career in Medical Education"
- Monday, September 19, 2022, 12 - 1pm, Michael Barone, MD, MPH, LH 214, Vice President, Competency Based Assessment, National Board of Medical Examiners
"The Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) to Graduate Medical Education (GME) transition system: Managing persistent tensions and making incremental improvements."
- Monday, October 10, 2022, 12 - 1pm, Tyler Reimschisel, MD., MHPE, LH 214, Founding Associate Provost for Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Education and Research Case Western Reserve University
" Developing an Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Education and Research Continuum"
- Vanderbilt School of Medicine Annual John Chapman, M.D., Distinguished Flexner Lectureship- Monday, May 2, 2022 12PM - 1PM 208 Light Hall Speaker: David Skorton, MD., President and CEO of the AAMC (Association of American Medical College)
"What it Takes to Shape Tomorrow's Physicians- And How We Get There"