Did You Know....
- Each year more than 2.1 million poisonings are reported to 55 Poison Control Centers located in the United States and U.S. Territories?
- In Tennessee, thousands of residents are victims of accidental poisoning each year?
- Unintentional poisoning is the leading cause of injury death for across all ages in Tennessee?
- In 2019, 49% of poisonings reported to the TPC involved children age five years and under?
- In 2019, 67% of Poison Help hotline callers were able to manage their poison emergency at home or on-site under the monitoring of a poison specialist?
- For every $1 that is invested in the Tennessee Poison Center, $14 is saved in other medical care spending?
The Tennessee Poison Center saves lives and saves valuable healthcare dollars. The TPC relies on grants and your generous contributions in order to operate. You can make a donation to the Tennessee Poison Center in a variety of ways:
Donations should be sent to the Tennessee Poison Center, 3319 West End Avenue, Suite 460, Nashville, TN 37203-1059. Check payable to: Tennessee Poison Center
How to Contribute through United Way
To designate a donation through United Way for the Tennessee Poison Center, please call your local United Way (or the UW you wish to designate the donation through) and an UW staff member will assist you.
The Tennessee Poison Center is a proud member of thirteen United Way agencies, two foundations, and one United Fund in Tennessee. These community organizations support our vital programs:
United Way of the Mid-South (Shelby, Tipton, Lauderdale, Fayette Counties)
United Way of Wilson County and the Upper Cumberland
T&T Family Foundation
Contact your local organization for information on how you can help your community through a donation to United Way.