Call the Poison Help hotline FIRST for any type of poison emergency or if you have a poisoning question. The free statewide number is 1-800-222-1222. We advise you to program the number in your cell phone so it will be readily available.
Our service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Qualified medical professionals, who are nurses, pharmacists and physicians, will answer your call. Also, our service is available for people with hearing impairment and for non-English speakers.
Please have the following information ready when you call the Poison Help hotline:
- Your contact number
- The age and approximate weight of the poisoned person
- The substance(s) involved
- The approximate amount of the substance consumed
- The time the exposure occurred
- How the exposure occurred
- Any symptoms the poison victim is experiencing
- Any treatment begun before calling Poison Help
Poisonings can happen to anyone. Save 1-800-222-1222 to your cell phone so you'll have it in case of a poison emergency.