Vanderbilt Sports Medicine leads the orthopaedic community in cutting edge research both locally and nationally. Our physicians have been published in medical journals and have presented at both state and national level conferences. It is our mission to improve the lives of others through science, education and clinical skill. To be the best, we continously are working on creating better surgical techniques, and rehabilitation through our research.
Vanderbilt’s Sports Medicine Department is fortunate to be the coordinating center for three very large research endeavors that are interested in measuring the short and long-term prognosis of both knee and shoulder injuries using patient-oriented outcome tools.
Sports Medicine Research Team
- Kenneth D. Schermerhorn Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and RehabilitationDirector of Sports Medicine and Shoulder SurgeryTeam Physician, Nashville Predators
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and RehabilitationVanderbilt Program Director of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Fellowship, Team Physician
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and RehabilitationAssistant Professor of PediatricsTeam Physician, Vanderbilt University, Belmont University, Nashville Predators and Sounds, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Adjoint Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and RehabilitationSports Medicine SurgeryVanderbilt Team Physician
- Associate Director, Sports Medicine ResearchVanderbilt Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
- Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery and RehabilitationPharmacology and Pediatrics