Individuals from any accredited college or university who meet the minimum academic requirements are eligible for admission into the program. The application window opens on July 1 each year. The priority deadline for application submission is November 1st to ensure sufficient time for processing information and scheduling of an interview. If you have missed the priority deadline , you may send your application by the end of the second week of January to allow time for the program to review the application and schedule an interview.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed electronic program application
- Applicants will be asked to upload a personal statement, resume, and completed prerequisite form with the application. Directions for these documents are on the application.
- Applicants may save the application and return to it any anytime prior to submitting.
- Download the prerequisite form here: Fillable Document OR Blank Document
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Official electronic transcripts may be sent directly to the Registrar's office at email@example.com
- Applicants will be notified via email once all transcripts have been received.
- Three references with a minimum of two from current or previous faculty, and one from an employer or individual familiar with the applicant's character. References will be sent a link to the evaluation form once the application is submitted.
- Reference letters may include one personal reference if it is not feasible to obtain three professional references.
- $50 Non-refundable application fee.
- Link to the payment can be found on the application.
THE MLS PROGRAM ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS AS EARLY AS JULY 1ST EACH YEAR. PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS IS NOVEMBER 1. MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE END OF THE SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY FOR CONSIDERATION.
Foreign Student Applicants
VUMC is not able to admit international students at this time. Green Card holders are not considered International Applicants and are therefore eligible for admission consideration.
- The program considers applicants as an international student if the applicant is a citizen of any nation other than the United States of America. Applicants will not be considered as an international student if you are a dual U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, refugee/asylee, or a U.S. citizen living abroad.
For education obtained at a non-U.S. Institution, translation into the U.S. equivalency (i.e., equivalence of credits per course and of degree conferred) by an independent evaluation provider must be submitted with this application (translation into English language only is NOT accepted). The following are examples of foreign transcript and degree evaluators. VUMC does not endorse any evaluators.
- Foreign Consultants: http://www.foreignconsultants.com/
- Educational Credential Evaluators: http://www.ece.org/
- Educational Perspectives: http://www.educational-perspectives.org/
- International Consultants of Delaware: http://www.icdeval.com/
- International Research Foundation, Inc.: http://www.ierf.org/
- World Education Services: http://www.wes.org/
Submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. Applicants who have previous coursework completed in the United States or another country in which English is the primary language do not have to submit TOEFL results. Completion of these courses is considered proof that the applicant is proficient in the English language.