Student Didactic and Laboratory: June to December
Consists of two (2) class periods each day and includes lectures and laboratory work. One class meets from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm; the second class meets from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Courses include the following:
- Clinical Chemistry and Instrumentation
- Blood Banking (Immunohematology)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids
- Molecular Diagnostics
Clinical Laboratory Rotations: January to June
Consists of eight (8) hour days spent in specific clinical laboratory areas. Students are evaluated on their abilities to perform testing in a professional manner in the clinical setting and on correlation of laboratory results with disease states.
- Core Lab (Chemistry, Hematology, Hemostasis & Thrombsis, Urinalysis & Body Fluids)
- Microbiology (including Mycology and Virology)
- Blood Bank
- Toxicology and Esoteric Chemistry
- Molecular Infectious Diseases
- Molecular Genetics
In addition, a seminar course introduces students to supervisory and management skills as well as special interest topics such as regulatory compliances, budgets, ethics, etc.