The Trauma Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries and death among children and promote safe behaviors in the community by:
- Developing program strategies based on analysis of trauma registrar data from Children's Hospital
- Providing bedside Injury Prevention education and resources for patients and families
- Collaborating with local, statewide, and nationwide organizations committed to reducing children's injury throughout the Middle Tennessee region
- Securing grants to support our programs and initiatives
- Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the injury prevention field.
- Understanding various patient populations and their needs when designing programs
- Advocating for safety resources and support for the children of Middle Tennessee