The injury prevention program at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt (MCJCH) is part of the Department of Pediatric Trauma. As a Level I Trauma program we have access to the most updated trauma statistics for our area and can base our programs on the needs of our communities. In addition, we partner with many hospital departments to bring a full range of services to our projects and involve as many employees as possible to keep injury prevention in everyone’s focus. IFCK at MCJCH collaborates and partners with several organizations committed to reducing children's injury throughout the state. Our community partnerships include law enforcement, EMS, fire departments, school districts, community agencies, businesses, parks and recreation and families. Our programs are funded by Kohl’s Cares, The Allstate Foundation, Ford Motor Company Funds and TN Department of Health.
The Injury Prevention Program strives to reduce unintentional injuries and death among children and promote safe behaviors in the community by
• Developing strategies based on analysis of trauma data from Children's Hospital and the State of Tennessee.
• Providing injury prevention education and resources to families in the hospital and community.
• Conducting and participating in innovative research that furthers the injury prevention field.
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is one of the nation's leading children's hospitals and the largest in the southeast. In fact, we have been ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals each year since U.S. News & World Report's rankings began -- this year, we're honored to again be ranked in 10 of 10 specialties. Constructed in 2004 and expanded again in 2012 and 2020, the world-class facilities at Children's Hospital are a testament to our community's dedication to the health of children, but a building alone does not make a great hospital. Our exceptional medical teams and the generous support of people like you enable us to provide every child who comes to us with the hope of improved health. Children's Hospital is a nonprofit facility. We care for children regardless of their families’ ability to pay.
- Kohl's Stay Seat Smart Program - Child Passenger Safety
- "Be In The Zone - Turn off Your Phone" - Teen Driver Safety Program
- Ride on TN - ATV Safety Program
- Safe Kids Cumberland Valley Coalition
- Bedside Patient Education