Qualitative Research Core
The Qualitative Research Core’s overall mission is to support behavioral clinical health science researchers who have a need for either qualitative or mixed methods in their research program. Our Core has been used by investigators in the medical school, the nursing school, the university, and global health. We have also worked with investigators from other universities, international settings, and independent consultants. By having this shared resource, investigators can conduct qualitative and mixed methods studies more quickly and easily without having to train themselves to become qualitative researchers.
The Qualitative Research Core offers consultative services to support investigators planning to conduct qualitative studies. Assistance is available for design, implementation and analysis.
Core services include:
- Assistance with qualitative analysis i.e. cluster analysis, sequential analysis, discourse analysis, and media analysis, content analysis, taxonomic analysis and archival/historical analysis
- Consults on developing focus group protocols
- Training sessions on coding qualitative data
- Developing interview protocols for in-depth interviews and semi-structured interviews
- Training and information sessions on Photovoice
- Consults on qualitative research design
- Transcription services
- Training for focus group moderators and interviewers
- Naturalistic behavioral observation
- Web-based collection of qualitative data
- Collection of process evaluation data
Vanderbilt and Meharry researchers ready to request resources, access the VICTR Resource Request section in StarBRITE to make a request.