Vanderbilt Healthier You is a personalized weight management program offered jointly by the Occupational Health Clinic, Health Plus, and Work/Life Connections-EAP.
The program supports Vanderbilt faculty and staff in getting to a healthier weight and reducing health risks. Obesity increases the risk for many diseases and conditions including coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, breathing problems, osteoarthritis and certain cancers.
- Evaluation and Coaching
- Initial appointment with an Occupational Health Clinic clinician to have blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, blood glucose, height, weight, and body mass index.
- Behavioral coaching session with a Health Plus lifestyle coach at the clinic visit to identify a weight loss goal and create a plan to reach the goal.
- Communicate and receive support from a lifestyle coach at least monthly for a year.
- 6-month follow-up appointment at the Occupational Health Clinic to recheck measurements.
- Evaluate progress to goal with the coach and continue lifestyle coaching for a further six months.
- Monthly educational sessions are offered to provide social support and information on related topics including nutrition, physical activity, and psychosocial components. Dr. Chad Buck, Clinical Psychologist at Work/Life Connections and Psychological Support Consultant for Health Plus is one of the regular presenters.
Requirements for participation:
- Vanderbilt faculty or staff
- Complete the yearly Health Assessment
- Body mass index of 30 or higher
Complete this short form to schedule an appointment.
View the most recent Healthier You presentations.