Enroll today! Next cohort begins May 2023.
Control is the Goal is a blood pressure management program offered quarterly (February, May, August, November) to VUMC faculty and staff who have high blood pressure (hypertension) or are at high risk for developing high blood pressure.
Purpose: To promote and encourage healthy choices that can help with blood pressure control and to support regular blood pressure monitoring.
As a participant you will receive 6-weekly online modules to:
- TRACK: Report your weekly blood pressure reading using any of the following:
- Home measurement
- Higi self-check station reading
- Know Your Numbers
- TUNE IN: Build knowledge and skills with videos covering the following topics:
- Blood Pressure Basics
- Physical Activity
- Heart Healthy Eating
- Managing Weight
- Stress Management
- Blood Pressure Medication Considerations
- TRY IT
- Answer a question or take an action
- TELL US
- Quickly evaluate the module
- For each module that is completed during the program, you will automatically receive one raffle entry for a prize drawing.
If you are a healthcare provider interested in referring VUMC faculty/staff with hypertension or at risk for hypertension to Control is the Goal, you can use any of the following options:
- Vanderbilt providers use one of these options in eStar.
- Ambulatory Referral order "Ambulatory referral to Health Plus" or "REF407"
- In Basket message to: "P HEALTH PLUS CLINICAL"
- Non-Vanderbilt providers use this form.