VUMC nurses can undergo training to become certified to place TB Skin Tests for their peers. The TB Skin Test training program consists of three steps:
- Complete the VUMC TB Skin Test Bundle online
- Login to the Learning Exchange
- Search for "TB Skin Test" (without the quotes)
- Look for "Tuberculin (TB) Skin testing for Patients and Health Care Personnel" and click on the "Enroll" or "Launch" button to get into the module
- Contact OHC to schedule TB Skin Test competency check–off session once you complete the TB Skin Test Bundle course
- Provide your unit educator a copy of check-off completion certification
- If needing to complete TB Skin Test check-off for patients, please reach out to your manager or unit nurse educator.
You will be certified to administer TB Skin Tests to staff once you complete the above steps.