The Occupational Health Clinic's Ergonomics program provides ergonomic consultations for departments. Our certified ergonomic assessment specialists will perform assessments of the office setting and evaluations of materials handling protocol, as well as provide assistance with planning for new construction or renovation projects and ensuring injured employees prevent reinjury. These requests are reserved for Vanderbilt department supervisors or managers. To request a departmental evaluation, the manager completes an Ergonomic Consultation Request.
Disclaimer: The Occupational Health Clinic’s Ergonomics Program provides a consultation only – the program is not funded to purchase equipment that may be recommended. The home department is responsible for implementing recommendations. Below are a few options for supervisors:
- For the purchase or procurement of equipment here are the contacts for the following facilities:
- VUH Expansion & Transition-assists with the Adult Hospital, as well as TVC, MCE, MAB and VAV clinics
- VCH Nursing Special Projects-assists with the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital and the Peds onsite clinics at the Doctor’s Office Tower
- Managers for offsite clinics and outpatient areas if your equipment is procured by Vanderbilt Operational Services, please send equipment requests to email@example.com
- VU facilities the Vanderbilt University Office procurement can help with vendor selection.
- Use existing departmental budget if available.
- Prioritize and buy a little at a time.
- Redistribute existing equipment according to need.
- In some cases it may be necessary to add the request to the operating budget for the next fiscal year.
Individual Ergonomic Evaluations
Department of Labor Ergonomics
Department of Labor office ergonomics
Hospital Ergonomics E Tool
NIOSH Ergonomic Guidelines for Manual Material Handling
NIOSH Safe Patient Handling
Cornell University Ergonomics