Mission, Goals, and Outcomes
We train future practitioners through a lens of health equity and literacy; connecting food and nutrition knowledge to real-world situations. Through reflection, hands-on-experiences and faculty-preceptor mentoring, interns learn to use their voices as leaders in diverse practice settings where food and nutrition advocacy matters.
The Vanderbilt Dietetic Internship's mission is to provide a pre-eminent supervised practice program model for training competent and compassionate entry level registered dietitian nutritionists delivering personalized nutrition therapy in the hospital, and innovative nutrition programming within community-based systems and healthcare networks.
Program Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes
Goal #1 - Graduates will be prepared as competent entry level registered dietitian nutritionists in the core and concentration competency area of disease management/health promotion.
- At least 80% of program interns complete program requirements within 23 months (150% of program length). ACEND requirement
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%. ACEND requirement
- At least 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing examination for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of MEd/DI completion. ACEND requirement
Goal #2 - Graduates will fulfill employment needs at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and nationally as competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists.
Objectives for Goal #2:
- Of graduates who seek employment, 80% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation. ACEND requirement
- Program graduates will fulfill at least 25% of dietitian roles at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- At least 80% of surveyed employer respondents will be “satisfied” or above with the graduates’ preparation for entry level practice. ACEND requirement
Results of goals and outcomes are available upon request by contacting Sarah Ferguson, Program Director, at email@example.com